Friday, January 5, 2018

vegetable soup

We survived the storm, not as bad as we expected but Miramichi got hit hard.

Today was soup day and I made 12 containers up for myself and Susan.


 
5. Carrots/chopped. 3.onions/chopped. 2. (16.oz ) cans whole peeled tomatoes with liquid. 1. LG. Head of cabbage/ chopped. 1. Envelope dry onion soup mix. 1. (15.oz). Can cut green beans. Drained... 2. Quarts Tomato Juice. I use 1 large can and 1 small can. 2. Green peppers. Diced. 10. Stalks celery.chopped. 1. (14.oz). Can beef broth. It doesn't call for salt or pepper. But I put some in. It taste quite fresh. PLACE CARROTS. ONIONS. TOMATOES. CABBAGE.GREEN BEANS. PEPPERS AND CELERY IN LARGE POT. ADD: ONION SOUP MIX . TOMATO JUICE. BEEF BROTH. AND ENOUGH WATER TO COVER VEGGIES... SIMMER..UNTIL ALL VEGGIES ARE TENDER . MAY BE STORED IN FRIDGE FOR SEVERAL DAYS...ALMOST 2 HOURS SIMMER. ..I BUY MEDIUM SIZE MASON JARS. EQUALS ONE BOWL... I FILL THEM AND FREEZE SOME AND KEEP SOME IN FRIDGE...
 
I added a can of kidney beans for an extra treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Shabby Blog